Baby Cows milk contains a lot of calcium and protein. This makes it an excellent food choice for children growing up. However, children under the age of one should not be allowed to drink cow’s milk in place of formula or breastmilk. Babies do not have the enzyme lactase required to digest baby cows milk. However, toddlers can consume cow’s milk (a calcium-rich food) without any problems. This article will provide information for parents about how to feed cow’s milk to their children and the benefits.
Can a baby 2 months old drink Baby Cows milk?
Parents might think about supplementing their baby’s breast milk with cow’s milk. However, this is not recommended. Breast milk should be the only food for babies up to the age of four months. Sometimes mothers are unable or unwilling to breastfeed their babies. In these cases, formula milk may be the best option. Cow’s milk is richer in protein, calcium and sodium than mothers’ milk. Your baby’s developing kidneys will have to work harder to cope with this higher level of minerals. High calcium is good for baby’s bones, but it can interfere with iron absorption. Infants who drink cow’s milk may experience severe indigestion. Wait until your baby reaches one year old before they can reap the benefits of cow’s milk.
Benefits of Baby Cows milk for older than 12 months
Limiting the amount of milk that toddlers consume daily to 2 cups (500ml) is not recommended. This includes milk that is curdled or made from other dairy products. Do not give your child too much milk. They will be unable to digest solid food. These are just a few of the reasons your toddler should drink this liquid wonder.
1. Great for growth
Cow’s milk has been specially designed to help calves grow quickly. Your baby can grow taller with the help of cow’s milk’s growth hormone. This increase in height is attributed to the Growth Hormone, (GH), and the insulin-like growth factor IGF-I that are found in cow’s breast milk.
Children can also benefit from calcium to build strong bones. Vitamin D isn’t usually found in milk but most fortified milks have it. Vitamin D aids calcium absorption and prevents young children from getting rickets. It can build stronger bones at this stage, which can help prevent osteoporosis later in life.
Are you curious about your child’s height? Get our free Child Growth Calculator to find out!
2. Stronger teeth
Your child’s teeth development will be supported by calcium and phosphate in milk. Casein in milk forms a thin layer over the teeth to protect them from acids. This protects the teeth from acid damage that can lead to cavities.
3. Food for the brain
Cow’s milk contains vitamin B complex, which is vital for brain cells and nervous system. It also regulates sleep/wake cycles. Whole milk should be given to babies aged 1 to 2 years. For neuron development, the healthy fats in whole milk are important. Neurons are brain cells with a fatty coating over their branching-out dendrites, or nerve endings that connect to the next nerve cell. It is important to ensure that your child gets enough healthy fats. Ghee can be given to your child to boost their brain power.
4. Improved immunity
Vitamin A is essential for vision and immune function in children. Retinol, which is pre-formed vitaminA, is found in milk. Low intakes of vitamin A can affect the ability of children to fight infections. It is important to add milk to your child’s diet before they begin pre-school. They will be exposed to many new germs in this environment. A strong immune system is important.
5. Healthy heart
Essential minerals magnesium and potassium found in milk act as vasodilators. They pump blood through blood vessels to all the organs. Calcium in milk helps build up the muscles of the heart and lowers the risk for cardiovascular disease.
How do you introduce cow’s milk into your Baby Cows diet?
Your toddler can start drinking cow’s milk once they turn one year old. Some parents are concerned about cow’s milk because it could cause lactose intolerance. Start by giving your child milk a small amount at a time to make sure they are ready. If your child does not react, you can give them up to 2 cups of cow’s milk per day.
It is important to not boil milk for too long. This can cause the milk to lose most of its nutrients. Iron-absorption inhibitors can be found in milk, so avoid serving it with iron-rich foods.
Children aged 3-5 years old can consume up to 700ml of milk per day. You can make sure your child gets enough calcium by giving them a calcium-rich diet, which includes dairy products such as paneer and cheese. You can help your child avoid becoming bored with milk or become fussy by switching between different food options.
- Gift Card is affixed inside a box
- Gift amount may not be printed on Gift Cards
- Gift Card has no fees and no expiration date
- No returns and no refunds on Gift Cards
- Gift Card is redeemable towards millions of items storewide at Amazon.com
- Scan and redeem any Gift Card with a mobile or tablet device via the Amazon App
- Free One-Day Shipping (where available)
- Customized gift message, if chosen at check-out, only appears on packing slip and not on the actual gift card or carrier
- Full view of baby’s room -The parent control unit of our wireless baby monitor is fitted with a 5″ LCD color screen. Get a clear view of your little one on the large inch display screen. Remotely pan, tilt, and zoom the camera to ensure that you always have the perfect view of your child.
- Excellent baby monitor with excellent night vision & temperature sensor: Always ensure the room or nursery is at a comfortable temperature for baby. The temperature is displayed in the top left corner on the screen.The camera’s high powered, invisible infrared LED ensures clear images without red glare. So you can check into your baby in the night without interrupting baby’s sleep. Its infrared night vision feature gives you a clear video feed at night time.
- Secure no wifi connection you can trust:The video baby monitor enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS wireless connection ensures a secure and private live-stream that is only for you. Protect you, your family, and your privacy. No WiFi, No app downloading or account creation required.You don’t need to worry about hacking risks. Believe me, your baby is safe.Easy to set up, plug in and use.
- Two way talk and lullabies :The crystal clear two-way audio feature on this baby monitors with camera and audio allows conversation on both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one. Soothing lullabies to help your baby relax and have fun. Great lullabies when the baby is having difficulty sleeping.
- Smart baby monitor features:Up to 960 feet of range, with ultra-stability and ultra-safety and reminder of disconnection.The baby monitor with camera features Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LEDs, Alarm/Timer Setting, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Auto Camera Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options.Our baby video monitor is a perfect idea for new moms.
- Versatile stay-in-car base accepts all Chicco KeyFit Infant Car Seats (KeyFit, KeyFit 30 and KeyFit 35) with an intuitive, click-in design
- Anti-rebound bar provides added stability and more legroom for extended rear-facing comfort
- Top-rated features like SuperCinch force-multiplying LATCH tightener make it the easiest to install
- Spring-loaded leveling foot and RideRight bubble levels help verify and achieve proper base angle in the vehicle seat
- LockSure steel-reinforced lock-offs provide a secure install with the vehicle belt